UPDATE: it appears we've been a bit hasty with the implementation, and not everyone's been happy, to put it mildly. So, we've now decided to remove automatic rank limitations from the Main room, and lower Beginners room allowed ranks to 0-6. Hopefullly it would be enough to accomplish what we set out to do, without pissing everyone off.

Hi everyone! One of the most frustrating things in atWar is transitioning from the Beginners room to Main. After being on top of things in the rather relaxed Beginners room, you're plunged into a tank full of sharks, with little warning. Suddenly the game is not fun anymore, and besides, a bunch of your friends are still in the Beginners, and you can't go there.

So we've decided to mix things up a little, and smoothen the transition between the rooms. First of all, the limit for the Beginners rooms has now been raised to rank 0-7 0-6. Main is still 3+.

Second, and most important, is the introduction of default rank limits for games. We had rank limits before, of course, but they've been always set to 0-20 by default, and not many people bothered altering them (and non-Premium players couldn't). Now rank limits are set to +-3 (relative to your rank) by default, with an option to change them to +-5. Ranks 10+ have default limits of 7-20, with an option to change it to 5-20 (or anything in between). Rank limits are automatically set in the Beginners room only

For example, if you're rank 5, you will now be able to open games in the Beginners room, but the rank limit will be set to 2-8 by default, which you can expand to 0-10. If you're rank 0, the default range will be 0-3.

We hope these changes will make games more evenly balanced, protect lower rank players and help them to gradually transition to playing more experienced players.

Cheers!

|

نظرات

مطلع حق بیمه برای مخفی کردن تمام تبلیغات
نظرات: 123   بازدید شده توسط: 2140 users
04.03.2016 - 06:07
njab
اکانت حذف شد
GG AtWar, now beginners room will just be full of RP and none of low ranks will ever develop.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:09
 Ivan (رئیس)
نوشتع شده توسط Guest, 04.03.2016 at 06:07

GG AtWar, now beginners room will just be full of RP and none of low ranks will ever develop.

How did you come to this conclusion? We've just opened Beginners room to higher ranks, to speed up the development of lower ranks.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:10
Ghost
اکانت حذف شد
I liked this rank limits idea but make begineer lobby for ranks 6 and 7 is the bad one
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:11
Ghost
اکانت حذف شد
نوشتع شده توسط Ivan, 04.03.2016 at 06:09

How did you come to this conclusion? We've just opened Beginners room to higher ranks, to speed up the development of lower ranks.

make ranks 5 6 7 8 have 5-8 ranks limit when they make game in main room
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:31
 Ivan (رئیس)
نوشتع شده توسط Guest, 04.03.2016 at 06:10

I liked this rank limits idea but make begineer lobby for ranks 6 and 7 is the bad one

The idea is to gently and gradually force people out of the Beginners room. Ranks 6 and 7 wouldn't be able to find a lot of games to participate in, so they'll have to move to Main. Because of the default rank limits, most of the games will be restricted to them, and the games they create will be restricted for the lowest ranks. So, yes, technically they can play in Beginners, but it doesn't mean they would be able to abuse ranks 0-3.
It would also allow earlier interaction of more mature ranks 4-5 with higher (but not too high!) ranked players.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:31
 Evic
This opens the door for r6/r7 to farm on beginners
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:34
njab
اکانت حذف شد

First of all, in beginners room low ranks just use nooby strategies and once they reach R4 they mostly kill lower ranks and just farm SP. Now that you give them 3 more ranks, they'll just stagnate on the skill of a R4. Once they leave beginners at R8, they'll be like R5 before. That will just help rank limits to increase more than before, causing constant moving the rank limits up for games -- a year ago we used to have R5 limit on the most of maps for "pr0" players, but now we have R7, R8 and even R9 limits for games.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
Rather then dropping the helpless newbies into the shark tank you're essentially letting sharks into the kiddie pool. I like it. This could help develop lower ranks or it could frustrate them more.
----
I hate to advocate drugs alcohol and violence to the kids, but it's always worked for me.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
 Ivan (رئیس)
نوشتع شده توسط Evic, 04.03.2016 at 06:31

This opens the door for r6/r7 to farm on beginners

Read my previous reply. They will mostly only be able to play with ranks 3-5, which is not such a bad thing. Rather than being plunged into a room with ranks 10+ at rank 5, players will gradually interact with slightly higher ranks.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:36
 Ivan (رئیس)
نوشتع شده توسط Wildchild92, 04.03.2016 at 06:34

Rather then dropping the helpless newbies into the shark tank you're essentially letting sharks into the kiddie pool. I like it. This could help develop lower ranks or it could frustrate them more.

I wouldn't consider ranks 5-7 to be such vicious sharks And they wouldn't be able to play much against ranks 0-2 anyway.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:37
Admins you are just crushing your game yourself.
Give 1 week premium to new players who come in main lobby and become rank 5. So they will be able to set ranks and 1 week they will settle in main lobby soon.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:38
Now high ranks like me should leave AW or just stick around or become offline cuz we cant join games ppl make & no one joins our games

just 3v3's or Cw's & thats not enough
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:38
I was speaking somewhat metaphorically Ivan but I get what you guys are trying to do and as I stated I think it could go either way, lets hope it works the way you want!
----
I hate to advocate drugs alcohol and violence to the kids, but it's always worked for me.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:40
Interesting upgrade. By the way, congratulation on 2000th post Ivan
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:42
 Ivan (رئیس)
نوشتع شده توسط Skanderbeg, 04.03.2016 at 06:40

Thanks, didn't notice

Quite a bit of panic in this thread, but let's see how it goes.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:43
7 is way too high for beginner lobby.

Just including rank 5 into the beginner lobby, 6 at most would've been fine.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:44
نوشتع شده توسط Prince_MurDerer, 04.03.2016 at 06:38

Now high ranks like me should leave AW or just stick around or become offline cuz we cant join games ppl make & no one joins our games
just 3v3's or Cw's & thats not enough

This is a very good point. How about the default game settings in the main room be left the way there were and changed as you've proposed only in the beginners room?
----
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:45
نوشتع شده توسط Ivan, 04.03.2016 at 06:42

نوشتع شده توسط Skanderbeg, 04.03.2016 at 06:40

Thanks, didn't notice

Quite a bit of panic in this thread, but let's see how it goes.

Rank 7 is too high for beginner lobby 0-5 limit is good
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:48
Sadly this won't help with anything.Why?
1)Players will enjoy the game more than they did but that doesn't mean they will become better.They will think they good as they are and thats how they will stay.
2)Seriously now.Why did you think setting rank limit to +,- 3 ranks higher,lower based on your rank is a good idea?Just make it no-premiu setting too.
Now high ranks as 8,9,10 etc will be bored since they will only be able to play between them(that may not be a problem for the guys that only play eu 3v3 and cws but what about scenarios,maps or games on the default map with many players?Furthermore they will just be as shit as they are because they will neverimprove since they will think they are op right now as they will beat lower and same ranks with them!

I didnt't like the suggestions at all sorry to say :/
----
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:50
[cn] Sixtyfour: so I can't allow players above rank 12 to play my games, that's lame
[cn] Sixtyfour: Now I can't play rank 13+ guys
[cn] Sixtyfour: e.g. if I want to practice with clovis or w/e

We are actually fine since both of us are premium, but imagine the low ranks that wishes to play with a higher rank and aren't premium.

Also since the game takes into account the new rank limit, you can no longer join games through the link if you aren't in that limit (fixes the high ranks in beginner room issue a little...) but that means that new players who wishes to play with their advance rank friends won't be able to play together unless that high rank is premium (or the newcomer rank up enough... alone). Not something good...
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 06:56
njab
اکانت حذف شد
Another thing, what should I do once I reach R11 or R12? Don't play scenarios, EU and other parts of world map or anything else with my fellow low ranks who I like to help because of the rank limit? What should I do, play CW and duels all the day? I feel with the R13+ guys.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:04
نوشتع شده توسط Guest, 04.03.2016 at 06:56

Another thing

You're premium, doesn't matter how much you rank up you will always be able to put rank 5 as minimum.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:05
njab
اکانت حذف شد
نوشتع شده توسط clovis1122, 04.03.2016 at 07:04

Another thing

You're premium, doesn't matter how much you rank up you will always be able to put rank 5 as minimum.

Still, if lower ranks host it you won't be able to play.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:05
DaProfessor
اکانت حذف شد
This is unfair for the low ranks. Sometimes low ranks want to learn from high ranks in games but that won't be possible unless they find a way around the system. AtWar is starting to kill itself. GL anyways
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:07
That feel when you see premium users complaining...
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:09
نقل قول:
نقل قول:
Possible solution to the beginners wanting to play with high ranks and non premium problem right here. Take a deep breathe, AW is still here people.

How about the default game settings in the main room be left the way there were and changed as you've proposed only in the beginners room?
----
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:15
DaProfessor
اکانت حذف شد

Another thing, what should I do once I reach R11 or R12? Don't play scenarios, EU and other parts of world map or anything else with my fellow low ranks who I like to help because of the rank limit? What should I do, play CW and duels all the day? I feel with the R13+ guys.

I don't really like njab, but this he is right on.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:15
 Ivan (رئیس)
نوشتع شده توسط Guest, 04.03.2016 at 07:05

This is unfair for the low ranks. Sometimes low ranks want to learn from high ranks in games but that won't be possible unless they find a way around the system. AtWar is starting to kill itself. GL anyways

Yeah, we've heard that since 2011. We'll figure something out for consenting low/high ranks
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:17
نوشتع شده توسط clovis1122, 04.03.2016 at 07:07

You are a nice person but by protecting Ivan it won't make you mod.

I am complaining for my side because i won't be able to play any game game other non premium player makes.That's why.
----
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:22
نوشتع شده توسط Cold Case, 04.03.2016 at 07:17

I am complaining for my side because i won't be able to play any game game other non premium player makes.That's why.

Agree
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:22
Supreme!

I have merely one little suggestion to add:

Can you make the rank limit margin dependent on the number of players in the lobby? So the default rank limit will be ±3 if there are lots of players (say, 30+ in the lobby) and ±5 if there are not. That way, those of us playing in the quiet hours can still find enough players to play by allowing a greater range.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:23
I think its good idea, and good think you guys are thinking in this direction.,
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:24
Bigginer room until rank5. Ranks 6 and 7 will just rush the low ranks. And some high ranks dont like to cw some like scenarios and will be hard for them to play. Whats gone happend?? They will just stop playing!
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:25
3v3 is dead.
Rank 7 is too late to develop someone to 3v3.
----

بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:28
DaProfessor
اکانت حذف شد
This could be solved if low ranks could invite high ranks they wanted to play to their games so only the high ranks they want can play with them and you still have a balance in the ranks.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:28
This is such bullshit..
when i entered the sharks i wanted to become a shark asap.
i learned playing sharks.., these newbees cant ever learn if u dont play like your own rule:

"If you have learned something, you havent realy lost"
Only R9+ can join my games.. so thats no one...... other than some jelly dicks.
its best to loose my R14 nick and start a fresh one..so i can relive the fun again?

what you should do to make it more competitive is to change the ranking system
give points on averages.. R15 vs R13 vs R8 = R15 makes less points X 0,7 or so and R8 must be rewarded x 1,3

without spamming i played 15 years of risk on dominategame.com it sucks ass , but the rating formula is PERFECT
check it out
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:32
DaProfessor
اکانت حذف شد
نوشتع شده توسط Ketamine, 04.03.2016 at 07:28

This is such bullshit..
i learned playing sharks.., these newbees cant ever learn if u dont play like your own rule:

its best to loose my R14 nick and start a fresh one..so i can relive the fun again?

give points on averages.. R15 vs R13 vs R8 = R15 makes less points X 0,7 or so and R8 must be rewarded x 1,3

without spamming i played 15 years of risk on dominategame.com it sucks ass , but the rating formula is PERFECT
check it out

Better fix it AtWar......... there aren't many R14s..........................
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:36
DaProfessor
اکانت حذف شد
نوشتع شده توسط Guest, 04.03.2016 at 06:34

First of all, in beginners room low ranks just use nooby strategies and once they reach R4 they mostly kill lower ranks and just farm SP. Now that you give them 3 more ranks, they'll just stagnate on the skill of a R4. Once they leave beginners at R8, they'll be like R5 before. That will just help rank limits to increase more than before, causing constant moving the rank limits up for games -- a year ago we used to have R5 limit on the most of maps for "pr0" players, but now we have R7, R8 and even R9 limits for games.

This is all true. Take it from me, an R4.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:39

I'm not even defending this new change as I have my own concerns with it. But I see it kinda bad when premium members complains when this doesn't affect them at all.

You can remake the game to play with low ranks if that is what you want.

And all premium users can set minimal rank to 5, so this doesn't really affect them.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:40
Look , its just NOT POSSIBLE for me to play the one and only thing i like.

A World map with 12 players.. its just NOT POSSIBLE...with this fucked up setting.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:41
 Ivan (رئیس)

This is such bullshit..

check it out

You can create games for ranks 5-20. Which coincidentally is exactly the same range as you had before
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:41
DaProfessor
اکانت حذف شد
نوشتع شده توسط clovis1122, 04.03.2016 at 07:39

I'm not even defending this new change as I have my own concerns with it. But I see it kinda bad when premium members complains when this doesn't affect them at all.

Clovis, it does affect them.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:42
نوشتع شده توسط clovis1122, 04.03.2016 at 07:39

Where do you see the logic in this thought:''hmmmm,a noob made a game with lower and same ranks with him....I should make a new one and players will join because I hope to hehehehe''.

Seriously?
----
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:43
نوشتع شده توسط Guest, 04.03.2016 at 07:41

Clovis, it does affect them.

بارگیری...
بارگیری...
 Ivan (رئیس)
نوشتع شده توسط Ketamine, 04.03.2016 at 07:40

Look , its just NOT POSSIBLE for me to play the one and only thing i like.

A World map with 12 players.. its just NOT POSSIBLE...with this fucked up setting.

I can see a World Map game with 10 players and 4-14 limit in the lobby right now.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
DaProfessor
اکانت حذف شد
نوشتع شده توسط Ivan, 04.03.2016 at 07:41

This is such bullshit..

check it out

You can create games for ranks 5-20. Which coincidentally is exactly the same range as you had before

How? Anyone could do games for ranks 0-20.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:50
نوشتع شده توسط Cold Case, 04.03.2016 at 07:42

Where do you see the logic in this thought:''hmmmm,a noob made a game with lower and same ranks with him....I should make a new one and players will join because I hope to hehehehe''.

Seriously?

Look the only real problem that I see here is when a new player wants to play with his friends but they are of a high rank and no premium.

Imagine I invite a dominican friend to play with me, he start at rank 0. He want me to teach him the game.

Before there was no problem for me I could simply make a game with rank 0-20 limit and give him the link to join, easy. But now he need to be minimal rank 5 to me to be able to play with him.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:52
DaProfessor
اکانت حذف شد
نوشتع شده توسط clovis1122, 04.03.2016 at 07:50

نوشتع شده توسط Cold Case, 04.03.2016 at 07:42

Seriously?

Look the only real problem that I see here is when a new player wants to play with his friends but they are of a high rank and no premium.

Imagine I invite a dominican friend to play with me, he start at rank 0. He want me to teach him the game.

Before there was no problem for me I could simply make a game with rank 0-20 limit and give him the link to join, easy. But now he need to be minimal rank 5 to me to be able to play with him.

Now you're getting it.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:56
نوشتع شده توسط Guest, 04.03.2016 at 07:43

This is such bullshit..

check it out

Like he said.. it would be a lot simpler and easier to just make a new account. But I already know that a lot of the low ranks I have played with were not new members..they were alts. Plus you have the guest accounts...my only chance of survival in a match is to try to pick a peaceful spot and to choose my alliances early on, CAREFULLY, so that they end up being the powerhouses. That's IF I choose the right people and IF they accept me lol. People seem to seek out the noobs(like me) and intentionally come after us early on.. for some ODD reason, I JUST played a match , map consists of Europe, Africa and Asia. I choose Sweden. France and Russia on both sides of me. They ally up, then they ally with China. So it's just me and Africa left and he is playing poorly. He leaves the match before he even comes into first confrontation..so heres me as Sweden, I expanded fast into Europe and I have the most troops, vs France, Russia and China.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
04.03.2016 - 07:56
 Ivan (رئیس)
نوشتع شده توسط Guest, 04.03.2016 at 07:43

This is such bullshit..

check it out

But ranks 0-2 weren't allowed in Main, and ranks 3-4 preferred to stay in Beginners. So essentially nothing's changed here.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...

Hits total: 93840 | This month: 733
atWar

About Us
Contact

حریم خصوصی | شرایط و قوانین | بنرها | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

به ما بپیوندید در

گسترش این کلمه