مطلع حق بیمه برای مخفی کردن تمام تبلیغات
پست ها: 36   بازدید شده توسط: 90 users

پست اصلی

ارسال شده توسط chiara_, 28.10.2020 - 22:16
Just wondering what people's experiences are with casual game hosts that defy the trust of the community by abusing issues in the game. That issue is that people who join after turn zero (as opposed to hosts who always join at turn zero) cannot recruit units until the next turn, so then most people as they join in turn 1 cannot recruit units.

It's typical practice for hosts to respect by handicapping themselves, ie not recruiting any units. I had an issue with a game recently where I pointed out to a host that they did this and instead of admitting to it, they pretended as though they'd never played the game before and that if they could recruit surely others could as well; any casual player who'd ever played a game they did not host themselves would know that's a complete lie. Well I go to a new game today, and turns out they blocked me over this lol

Anyway, what kind of community standards can we develop over hosts like this who don't abide by the practice of not recruiting at turn zero? To start with I will block the user ____, until they commit to not abusing the game like this. I know that this issue has been brought up before, so has there been any commitment from the developers to allow casual games players who join a game at turn 1 to recruit units?

(edited by luke to remove player names)
17.11.2020 - 09:10
نوشتع شده توسط Fatcheek, 16.11.2020 at 17:22

نوشتع شده توسط TriusMalarky, 16.11.2020 at 15:27

نوشتع شده توسط Fatcheek, 16.11.2020 at 13:26

نوشتع شده توسط TriusMalarky, 16.11.2020 at 09:55

نوشتع شده توسط Dave, 15.11.2020 at 21:10

نوشتع شده توسط jimmynow, 15.11.2020 at 19:40

When is someday? Is that something you have planned?

Lol someday means someday. When I say I'm planning to do something that means its on my to-do list and won't be forgotten. If you want a specific date, I have no idea when I'll actually get to it. atWar is not the only thing I have to deal with, you know

Lemme know when you start on that project if you need programmers. I have experience with several game engines and 5-6(11 if you count things like HTML) languages. I might be somewhat qualified.

dave already said he's not accepting more coders buddy

Aight. Little sad, but cool. Gonna go try not to die in my casual games.

quick game is the superior my bro

No time.... unfortunately. I do like the ability to plot, though.
----
Toast makes me very sad.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
18.11.2020 - 22:09
When I host a game, I can't preserve the game until I take the first turn; until I press the "end turn" button [which I can only do when COMPLETING the first turn], the country I chose is not preserved for me.
Nothing is preserved. My strategy is not preserved.
So, the only choice I have to preserve the game settings is by taking the first turn.
As far as I know, the game does not allow me to create any units during that first turn so I can't create anything until turn 2.

Conclusion: the only thing any host can do to keep the game the way the host wants it to be is to take the first turn.
Your claim that the host is being "dishonest" by taking the first turn is baloney.
Have you ever tried to host a game????

Tell me how I can start a game and preserve everything, including the country I chose and the strategy I chose WITHOUT taking the first turn.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
19.11.2020 - 10:56
نوشتع شده توسط Ghoang, 18.11.2020 at 22:09

When I host a game, I can't preserve the game until I take the first turn; until I press the "end turn" button [which I can only do when COMPLETING the first turn], the country I chose is not preserved for me.
So, the only choice I have to preserve the game settings is by taking the first turn.
As far as I know, the game does not allow me to create any units during that first turn so I can't create anything until turn 2.

Conclusion: the only thing any host can do to keep the game the way the host wants it to be is to take the first turn.
Your claim that the host is being "dishonest" by taking the first turn is baloney.

Tell me how I can start a game and preserve everything, including the country I chose and the strategy I chose WITHOUT taking the first turn.

That is what he is talking about, only you can make those units on your first turn with the other players. Your strat is preserved but that is another problem, you have to remember which you picked or by the unit info... I think it always says imp.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
21.11.2020 - 22:17

you are right .. there is no t0 for casual games .. so when you host a game, you select the country and strategy and start t1 so the game will stay when you exit .. you can however purchase units at t1 (as host only) but you should not do it .. instead wait until t2 when everyone else can do it to be fair
----
Meso
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
21.11.2020 - 22:19
نوشتع شده توسط Mesopotamia, 21.11.2020 at 22:17

you are right .. there is no t0 for casual games .. so when you host a game, you select the country and strategy and start t1 so the game will stay when you exit .. you can however pruchase units at t1 (as host only) but you should not do it .. instead wait until t2 when everyone else can do it to be fair

why not wait for it to fill?
----
RP is terrible, but NWE is the worst of all
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
21.11.2020 - 22:28
نوشتع شده توسط Fatcheek, 21.11.2020 at 22:19

why not wait for it to fill?

casual games are slower paced (usually there are less than 10 people online in casual room) .. you can never fill a game at t0 .. but you can start t1 and you'll have 48 hours for people to join

but having 48hours for t0 is an idea that has been suggested multiple times and I believe its on Dave's to do list .. it would be huge for casual gamers once its implemented
----
Meso
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
atWar

About Us
Contact

حریم خصوصی | شرایط و قوانین | بنرها | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

به ما بپیوندید در

گسترش این کلمه