مطلع حق بیمه برای مخفی کردن تمام تبلیغات
پست ها: 7   بازدید شده توسط: 45 users
30.07.2022 - 15:59
introduction:

i know atwar isn't meant to be super realistic, but think about it. why does a stack of 500 take up the same amount of space on a map as a single militia unit being used to wall? in actual warfare, armies aren't coins you can drag across countries irregardless of how many troops they're made up of, but instead they are (from the aerial view which is the view a map offers us) like fluid entities on the terrain of their battlefield. their movements, encampments, tactics, and positions are almost always decided on the premise of how much space they can afford to occupy.
atwar wasn't made with the purpose of being a perfectly realistic warfare simulator, it is far from that for a good reason; but having maximum stack sizes could be an addiction to the mechanics of atwar that - without really overcomplicating the game - would make it more realistic... and arguably more fun.

proposed changes (of immediate importance):

while there are many changes or rather - new possible settings - that could be added to the game along the lines of regulating the sizes of stacks, the most immediate one is giving mapmakers, scenario makers, and maybe even hosts the option to decide maximum stack sizes in a game.
how i imagine this kind of setting to be implemented is that any moves into a stack that would cause it's total count to be greater than the max size would be immediately cancelled, and either a system message to the player, or some sort of pop up error message (much like the pop up when you kick someone) informing the player that it's an illegal move and was cancelled.
max stack sizes can be per unit type as well. for example: you can imagine in real life, 10 battleships (when reasonable spaced out) could take up the same amount of space as 30 tank divisions in a convoy, which could take up the same amount of space as 100 fighter jets or 1000 rockets... that is why there can should also be a way to decide max stack sizes for unit types (Ground Main Attack, Ground Main Defense, Air Secondary Attack, Naval Support, etc.), up to whoever is setting the max stack sizes.

i know what you're wondering... what about units inside transports? what if the max stack size makes sense on land, but that amount of unit divisions can be loaded onto a transport in a reasonable way? for example, 30 infantry divisions on land is a reasonable max stack size; but on the high seas, it can fit in 2 transports (or 3 depending on your strategy and upgrades) which - when packed with those infantry - doesn't take up a lot of space, so it would be unreasonable to have a max stack size.
well..., in that case, units loaded inside a transport wouldn't have to contribute to the stack's size. so a single transport carrying 7 infantry would have a stack size of 1 Naval, as for as long as the seven infantry are loaded in there, they don't contribute to the stack's size. The same can go for air and ground transport unit types.

proposed changes (not as important but fun to think about):

if the aforementioned changes are implemented and maps that have max stack size settings enabled affect the game's environment as intended, dave and devs can consider implementing the following:
>max stack weight - which can affect stack speed/range and even function as a(n) alternative/secondary limit for how much units can be in a stack. the weight of each type of unit can be determined by the map/scenario maker.
>occupied zone of a stack - this one is hard to explain, but i'll try anyway. a stack with higher size or weight can have a certain radius around it that functions as an invisible no go zone, units from the same player or allied players can bypass the stack's no go zone, but enemy units will have to engage in combat with the stack to pass through. this can be turned on for games at the discretion of the map/scenario maker or host, who can also set what the radius of the occupied zone can be dependent on as well as whether to highlight it or not.

tell me what you guys think, i thought at least the first two are good ideas that would make the game more fun.
also remember, i'm not saying ALL games should have these settings, but they should be restrictions a map/scenario/maker or host can add at their discretion.
----
Man is something, that shall be overcome.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
30.07.2022 - 16:12
K but nobody cares
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
30.07.2022 - 21:43
This post is true
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
31.07.2022 - 12:16
نوشتع شده توسط SementaI, 30.07.2022 at 16:12

K but nobody cares

You clicked an d probably read this to say "K but nobody cares"?
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
31.07.2022 - 12:31
If you could add shorter description of that exactly you want to be added... the post in its current form is way too long for me to read
----

بارگیری...
بارگیری...
31.07.2022 - 20:46
نوشتع شده توسط Bisexual, 31.07.2022 at 12:31

If you could add shorter description of that exactly you want to be added... the post in its current form is way too long for me to read

let map makers add max stack sizes in a game per unit type (ground main attack, naval main def, etc etc), units loaded into transports on a stack wont be counted towards the stack's size. this makes things more realistic since it makes no sense to have 500 units and 1 unit take up the same amount of physical space on a map.
----
Man is something, that shall be overcome.
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
31.07.2022 - 22:57
When making events the Text should be in the Chat not only in the Turn Tab menu
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
بارگیری...
بارگیری...
atWar

About Us
Contact

حریم خصوصی | شرایط و قوانین | بنرها | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

به ما بپیوندید در

گسترش این کلمه